Becoming a Memorable Manager
EFFECTIVELY MANAGING OTHERS IN A VIRTUAL WORLD
Aims & Objectives:
The over-riding aim of this interactive webinar is to provide an opportunity for managers from a range of industries to reflect and discuss effective management skills.
80% of the variation in employee engagement sits with the line manager
“Engage for Success” D. Macleod
The key output from the session will be that each manager leaves committed to make 2 or 3 behavioural changes so that they become more memorable mangers. These will specifically focus on the recent challenges faced when managing employees remotely.
Through personal reflection and discussion with other delegates during the webinar, the objective is to improve your ability to be flexible in your approach to management. By being better able to motivate individual members of staff you can in turn, increase productivity.
By the end of the 90 min online workshop delegates will:
- Discuss what makes a manager memorable.
- Recognise the importance of having clarity around expectations and objectives in order to inspire and motivate remote performance.
- Reflect on the ways to build and demonstrate trust.
- Draft an individual action plan outlining how they will flex their approach to individual team members in order to promote well-being and productivity.
Who is Jo Irwin?
Jo has 18 years’ experience working in the pharmaceutical industry in sales, training and management positions. In 2013 she set up her own training company, i4
Training Ltd and has been involved in the design and delivery of tailored training programs to staff working within varied organisations.
She specialises in the interview process, specifically preparation for those following a competency-based approach. She regularly provides both class-room based workshops and 1:1 coaching for staff at all levels. Jo is passionate about delivering training that is not only relevant but that will mentally stimulate people to do or feel something different. This is backed up by feedback received from delegates over many years.
Currently Jo works in both Ireland and the UK, where she designs and delivers training with an emphasis on supporting people to enable them to up-skill and build self-confidence.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent facilitation skills, flexible to match the needs of the audience.
- Extensive experience of performance management processes and best practice.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development.
- Qualified in N.L.P. (neuro linguistic programming) to both business and master practitioner level.
- Coaching and mentoring experience.
- FETAC Train the Trainer accreditation. (Level 6)
- FETAC Digital Marketing qualification. (Level 5)
- PRINCE2 Project Management accreditation.
This webinar is Free of Charge, but online booking is essential.
We will share the link to join webinar a day before the event.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie