An organisation’s human resources are its most valuable asset. Become a great leader by developing the knowledge and skills required to lead and manage a team in a highly effective manner.
The aim of this programme is to equip learners with the tools and techniques necessary to effectively manage a team. Participants will acquire a range of supervisory and management skills, in addition to improving their interpersonal and communication skills. The programme combines proven leadership techniques with practical advice on how to maximise your team’s performance and engagement.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Existing Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in Supervisory Management.
- Newly appointed Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage operations, people and teams.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people through teamwork.
- Employees who plan on progressing to a supervisory role.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the area of Supervisory Management.
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Supervisor/Team Leader
- Effective Communication.
- Emotional Intelligence and Influencing Others.
- Building and Engaging Effective Teams.
- Leadership Styles
- Performance Management.
- Assertiveness and Managing Conflict
- Leading and Managing Change
- Problem solving and decision making
- Planning and Organising
- Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
- Role of Delegation in Supervisory Management.
- Review of employment legislation
- Recruitment and Selection.
- Data Protection.
- Budget Planning.
The programme tutor has experience in delivering this programme across all sectors and can tailor it to the specific needs of the target audience.
A participative and interactive training approach will be followed throughout the programme. In tandem with a number of exercises (both individual and group), participants will be encouraged
to discuss topics and share their own experiences. The programme will be evaluated informally during the course of the programme and by a formal questionnaire at its conclusion.
This is a four day programme and the dates are as follows:
Day 1: Monday 18th February
Day 2: Monday 25th March
Day 3: Monday 8th April
Day 4: Monday 29th April
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 475 854
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie