Conflict naturally occurs in every workplace but it can have a toxic effect if it is not effectively handled. People with different personalities or competing agendas can lead to the festering of personal animosity. Having good conflict management techniques will lead to less stress and a healthier working environment. This course helps you to learn how to diffuse tension and resolve conflict when tempers flare at work.
Who is this course for?
This Conflict Management module is aimed at individuals who wish to:
- deal with conflict in the work environment
- build more harmonious relationships with clients and colleagues
- deliver difficult messages effectively while coping with awkward behaviours
- increase their confidence and reduce stress when dealing with differences of opinion at work
- How apply effective interventions to conflict scenarios
- Preparing to communicate – what people want – 5 elements that the receiver of a difficult message needs satisfied and how to meet them
- Structuring your message – reviewing the structures for delivering a message and its practical application
- Internal statements – examining internal statements and how our thoughts affect our actions – how to overcome this
- Communicating difficult messages
- Dealing with difficult individuals
- Behaviours in conflict – fight-flight
- Building your confidence, knowledge and skill to effectively communicate with others
- Identifying the best way to relay information
- How to be proactive and assertive when dealing with conflict
- How to quickly diagnose a conflict, develop effective responses and create a prompt resolution
How will you learn?
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and individual learning activities
- Group discussion
- Role plays of real-life conflict scenarios
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 475 854
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie