Aims & Objectives:
Sustained underperformance can precede a Capability or Conduct issue…but we should do all we can to avoid this outcome.
- The over-riding aim is to encourage supervisors and managers to clarify what they need to do to encourage underperforming staff to ensure the delivery of a quality service or product.
- Through discussion and breakout groupwork the delegates will draw on their own experiences of working in management roles and reflect on good practice in order to enhance existing skills.
- By engaging a member of the HR department, the group will agree a consistent approach to documentation in line with GDPR guidelines (if appropriate)
Managers who are wanting to agree best practice around dealing with underperformance.
Those willing to support their team members to develop the competence and confidence to perform effectively in role.
By the end of the half-day online workshops, delegates will;
- Understand the various causes of underperformance
- Discuss the benefits of “Grasping the nettle” – turning performance round
- Reflect on the need to adapt their style according to the issue
- Agree a consistent approach to documentation
Who is Jo Irwin?
Jo has 18 years’ experience working in the pharmaceutical industry in sales, training and management positions. In 2013 she set up her own training company, i4
Training Ltd and has been involved in the design and delivery of tailored training programs to staff working within varied organisations.
She specialises in the interview process, specifically preparation for those following a competency-based approach. She regularly provides both class-room based workshops and 1:1 coaching for staff at all levels. Jo is passionate about delivering training that is not only relevant but that will mentally stimulate people to do or feel something different. This is backed up by feedback received from delegates over many years.
Currently Jo works in both Ireland and the UK, where she designs and delivers training with an emphasis on supporting people to enable them to up-skill and build self-confidence.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent facilitation skills, flexible to match the needs of the audience.
- Extensive experience of performance management processes and best practice.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development.
- Qualified in N.L.P. (neuro linguistic programming) to both business and master practitioner level.
- Coaching and mentoring experience.
- FETAC Train the Trainer accreditation. (Level 6)
- FETAC Digital Marketing qualification. (Level 5)
- PRINCE2 Project Management accreditation.
This event is Free of Charge, but online booking is essential. Places are limited.
We will share the link to join 24 hours before the event.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie