Impactful communicate: building confidence in your message
Persuasiveness is an essential skill that the modern professional can ill-afford to do without. Whether interacting one on one or with an audience communicating effectively is one of the most powerful skills for achieving your objectives. As organisations strive to become less hierarchical, influence has become the defining characteristic of true business leaders.
This course will demonstrate powerful techniques to enhance your sphere of influence by communicating a logical and credible message, reinforced by your words and body language.
Duration: 1 day
Who is this course for?
- Those wishing to project a positive image of the organisation both internally and externally
- Individual contributors, administrators, personnel from Finance, Customer Services, Purchasing
- Change Managers
- How to get real understanding with others
- Communicating your message in a professional manner
- Showing respect at all times
- Creating an open environment for communication
- Getting your message across
- The 7 Cs of clear communication – clear, concise, concrete, correct, coherent, competent, courteous
- Barriers to effective communication – learning to break down those barriers
- Influencing techniques – strategies to influence the behaviour of others
- Developing collaborative working relationships
- Making a persuasive case for something you want
- Gaining acceptance of your view
- Effective listening
- Understanding assertiveness and how it differs from aggression and submission
- Addressing work situations in an assertive manner
- How self-esteem affects behaviour and how to build confidence
- How to say what you mean without causing offence
- The importance of body language in communication
- Avoiding conflict and managing it when it arises
- Giving and receiving feedback/praise and constructive criticism
- Written communication – top tips on email etiquette
- Achieving win-win
How will you learn?
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and Individual learning activities
- Group discussion
- Discussion of real-life work scenarios
It is 1-Day Programme and spaces are limited.
Member Fee €152
Non Member Fee €180
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 360 611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie