Motivate, Support and Encourage your Team
Effective mentoring helps develop an individual’s personal, career and leadership goals. It provides support that both identifies and develops the qualities and abilities in other people. It also allows the mentee to identify any challenges and through interaction with a more experienced Mentor to find appropriate ways to overcome these.
Mentoring involves a partnership between a mentor and a mentee who wants to learn from that experience. Mentoring can be seen as a central part of any Manager’s role. It is a way of enhancing the work performance of staff by using a series of guided experiences to help fulfil staff potential and to put right any deficiencies in performance that have been identified. This interactive workshop focuses on the techniques by which Mentors can develop and support their Mentee through the mentoring process
Duration: One Day
Who is this programme for?
This session is initially aimed individuals who are currently acting or who will act in a mentor capacity. A similar programme can be run for mentees so that there is clarity around what the process expects of both.
- Roles, activities and skills of the Mentor
- The responsibilities of the Mentor and the Mentee
- Mentor strategies for an effective mentoring conversation
- Successful Mentor/Mentee relationships
- Traits of a successful mentor
- Understanding the difference between mentoring and coaching
- The importance of effective communication in the role
- Appreciating various communication styles
- Understanding the principles of giving feedback in a mentoring role
- The natural progression of the mentoring relationship
How will you learn?
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Facilitation by an experienced Facilitator using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and individual learning activities
- Group discussion
- Opportunity to practice relevant mentoring scenarios and receive detailed feedback as required
Please book online
For more information contact Cillian Griffey email email@example.com or call 061 360611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie