This course is being delivered under the Skills Connect Initiative. It is one of a series of programmes which Shannon Chamber Skillnet will deliver to assist:
- Individuals who are currently in receipt of PUP or TWSS payments
- Individuals currently unemployed or who became unemployed as a result of COVID-19
- Individuals who are not in employment and not in receipt of welfare payments.
If you fall under one of the parameters above you are eligible to apply for this course free of charge.
Please note when completing the online application form please enter ‘Unemployed’ under the Company Field.
This is a customised programme designed for online delivery and has a balance of theory with practical presentation techniques over 3 separate webinars, resulting in a comprehensive training course giving participants the skills required to deliver effective presentations in a clear, concise and confident manner.
STAGE ONE – PREPARING THE PRESENTATION
- What makes a presentation effective?
- Know your audience
- Gathering Presentation Content – Mind Mapping
- Work on Content – The “IT Method”
- Variety / Engage your audience
- Presentation Format / Structure
STAGE TWO – PREPARING YOURSELF
- Face the Fear
- Manage your environment / Avoid Techno-Terrors
- Some practical advice
CHECK-IN – Q&A
- A check-in with participants regarding their presentation content and structure
- Q&A session to address any specific queries that may have arisen when putting stage one and stage two into practice.
STAGE THREE – DELIVERING THE PRESENTATION
- What has the most impact?
- Body Language & Eye Contact
- Use your voice
- Handling Q & A Sessions
- Delivery habits to avoid
- Tips for online delivery
- Each participant to deliver a 5-minute online presentation via Teams.
- Presentations to be recorded so that participants can evaluate their own performance.
- Feedback to be given by other attendees and by the trainer.
- Recording to be made available to all attendees.
This program is 3 x 1.5 hour modules which will run Monday, Wednesday & Friday. There is some independent work required from the participants. Please note dates and times below for the program:
- Monday January 25th – 2.30 – 4.00
- Wednesday January 27th – 2.30 – 4.00
- Friday January 29th – 9.30 – 11.00
Please book online
For more information contact Claire by email email@example.com
The link to join this online training will be sent to all registrants 24 hours before scheduled time.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie