This course focuses on providing participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to follow fair procedures while addressing the complex area of discipline and grievance. The participants learn to manage and overcome issues related to discipline and grievance in the workplace whilst adhering to the relevant employment legislation and codes of practice.
On completing the Effectively Managing Discipline and Grievance training course, the participants will:
- Understand the main provisions of the Unfair Dismissals Acts, 2015 in relation to disciplinary procedures
- Know an employee’s rights in the disciplinary procedure and have a set of steps to follow to ensure compliance with appropriate procedures – from investigation to hearing
- Be equipped to manage employee underperformance, misconduct or non-attendance at work in a legal and fair manner
- Understand the provisions of the Code of Practice in relation to disciplinary and grievance matters
- Understand the importance of having a grievance procedure
- Be advised how to conduct a grievance hearing and manage formal workplace grievances
- Overview of Relevant Employment Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Best Practice to conduct Disciplinary Procedure
- Investigation V Disciplinary Hearing
- Addressing Conduct, Capability and Competence
- Key steps in managing Gross Misconduct
- The Grievance Procedure and its practical steps
Who Should Attend?
The Effectively Managing Discipline and Grievance training course is most relevant to HR Practitioners, People Managers and Business Owners.
Highly Participative– with use of Case Studies
Interactive– Exercises and Role Plays
Individual– Group Activities and Group Discussions
Each participant will be provided with comprehensive training materials during the course.
Sarah Fagan, BA, PGDip Employment Law, PGDip Conflict & Dispute Resolution Studies, is an experienced Human Resource and Employment Law practitioner involved in all manner of investigative and conciliation practices. She has extensive experience in Unionised environments having come from a background in Industrial Relations with one of Ireland’s largest secondary teachers union.
Adare Human Resource Management leading experts in Employment Law, Industrial Relations and best practice in Human Resource Management, offering both one off project based consultancy services and retainer support services for organisations requiring HR and Employment Law support on an on-going basis. The team of Adare have extensive backgrounds in the Private and Public Sectors, Financial and Professional Services and Community and Charitable Sectors.
It is 1-Day Programme and spaces are limited.
Member Fee €200
Non Member Fee €250
Please book online
For more information contact Cillian Griffey email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 360611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd. funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie