This one-day intensive programme will address the fundamentals of Employment Law and practical steps on best practice and compliance in this area.
The programme will include fundamentals of Employment Law relating to:
- Recruitment & Selection including Equality legislation – from compliance to best practice.
- Contracts of Employment, relevant legislation and different types of contracts – understanding and effectively managing the employment contractual relationship.
- Key Employment legislative requirements during the lifecycle of an Employee focusing on Grievance, Equality legislation incorporating Bullying and Harassment, Absence Management, Organisation of Working Time Act, Policies & Procedures – understanding and managing the employment relationship during the employee lifecycle.
- Termination of Employment including Disciplinary Procedures and Dismissal, the Costs, the Risks – managing conduct, capability and competence in the workplace through the relevant employment legislation and codes of practice, whilst mitigating risk
- Update on recent and planned employment legislation – insight into recently introduced and planned employment legislation and what employers will need to plan for.
- Relevant case studies and recent case law will be integrated into the learnings – understanding employment legislation through case law and case studies and our experience in the Workplace Relations Commission and Labour Court.
Aims & Objectives:
- Participants will be aware of and understand fundamental pieces of employment law as they relate to their Organisation.
- Participants will be equipped to avoid costly litigation and fines in the areas addressed.
Who is this course suitable for?
Business Owners, HR, and those tasked with People Management within the Organisation.
PROGRAM FEE: Members €65 / Non-Members: €75
This is a 1-day course, 9.30 am to 4.00 pm (lunch break and coffee breaks will be allocated).
This course will be delivered online via Zoom.
Date: 16th June 2021
Please book online
For more information email email@example.com or call 086 0679838
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie