Successful candidates who have completed the First Aid Responder course must recertify every two years.
The First Aid Responder will possess the following general skills:
• Deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until the arrival of emergency medical services.
• Provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but which are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
• Provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including work, home and recreational settings.
• Display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
2 Days; Thursdays; August 15th & 29th
- Course Content:
– Wellbeing of the First Aid Responder
– Incident Procedure & Patient Assessment
– Common Medical Emergencies
– Care of the Unconscious Patient
– CFR Skills Practice & Assessment
- Day 2
– Information Management/Communications
– Injury management & shock
– Burns & Electrical Injury care
– Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
– Skills practice
– FAR MCQ Examination
– Course Evaluation
There is a practical and theory assessment which takes place at the end of Day 2.
Course participants must complete a multiple choice examination paper and a mark of 80% or greater must be achieved to successfully complete the course. There will also be a FAR skills test and a CFR skills test.
Successful candidates must re-certify every 2 years.
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 475 854
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie