Enhance the Performance of your Team as a Front-Line Manager
People are the most valuable resource in every organisation and therefore the role of the Front-Line Manager is vital. However, for Front Line Managers in organisations today, overseeing work-flow is not enough, instead they need to inspire and develop their people, deal with change, handle difficult situations, control performance and mentor their teams. This two-day programme is focused on providing all the skills required to be an excellent Front-Line Manager and so improve overall performance and productivity.
On completion of this programme, participants will have acquired a range of best practice management skills to ensure success in managing others – as well as themselves.
This programme is aimed at individuals who wish to:
- Implement the skills of effective people management
- Acquire a range of management skills
- Develop excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate confidence to deal with challenging situations as they arise
- Build a culture of co-operation through talent management techniques
DAY 1 – COMMUNICATION
- Your role and responsibility as a Front-Line Manager
- The traits of an effective Front-Line Manager
- Communication styles and techniques – recognising styles and adapting communication accordingly
- Barriers to effective communication
- Communicating difficult messages – effective listening
- The benefits of a positive attitude
- Personality profiling – recognising how to communicate and negotiate with different personality types (Kiersey
DAY 2 – LEADERSHIP/MOTIVATION
- Characteristics and styles of leadership
- Understanding leadership styles and values
- The importance of leading – task, team, individual
- Evaluating your management style
- Managing others to bring out the best
- Effective and confident delegation
- Being a good motivator in your role
- Motivating factors other than monetary
- Managing performance and under performance
- Key components of the performance planning process
- The purpose and scope of feedback – giving and receiving same
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 475 854
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie