What is the IMI Diploma in Leadership?
In the challenging times we all now face, strong leadership is widely recognised as the single most important factor in determining which organisations will survive and grow out of the recession, and which will not. As a manager, the current environment is forcing you to face the most difficult leadership challenges of your career. The quality of the leadership that you provide to those around you will help determine your career trajectory and will help define your organisation’s success.
The IMI Diploma in Leadership is the IMI’s flagship leadership development programme. Its aim is simple – to dramatically enhance your practical leadership skills, awareness, impact and judgement. By participating, you will become a more confident, well-rounded and inspirational leader – capable of handling the challenges of the current environment and ready to step up to the next level in your career development.
Target audience: Business Owners, Managing Directors and other Senior Managers
Format: 6 x three-day group workshops plus assignments and study work over 6 months
Certification: IMI Diploma in Leadership plus UCC Postgraduate Certificate (NFQ Level 9)
Fees: The subsidised cost of the programme in 2018 is €3,000 per person*. This includes all training, course materials, tutor support, assessment, certification, lunches and refreshments. *This rate is available to SMEs only, i.e., firms in Ireland that employ less than 250 employees. A limited number of places may be made available to larger companies at a higher rate. Further details to follow.
16 | 17 | 18 Apr 2018
28 | 29 | 30 May 2018
25 | 26 | 27 Jun 2018
24 | 25 | 26 Sep 2018
22 | 23 | 24 Oct 2018
26 | 27 | 28 Nov 2018
Who should attend?
Professionals at all levels seeking to maximise their personal impact and influence, master the psychology of leadership, develop a practical toolkit of leadership techniques and shape the direction of their businesses.
What does the Programme consist of?
• An eighteen-day taught programme
• Delivered on a monthly basis, in chunks of three days per month
• Six modules: The Meaning of Leadership, The Psychology of Leadership, Leadership Ethics and Social Responsibility, Leading Teams in a Global Economy, Leading Change, Leadership in Action
• Opportunity for progression to a Masters of Business
Successful participants will be awarded both the IMI Diploma in Leadership and the UCC Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership. The Postgraduate Certificate qualification is accredited and awarded by University College Cork – National University of Ireland, Cork and is a Level 9, Minor Award on National Framework of Qualifications. By completing this programme you will also earn one-third of the credits required to be awarded the Master of Business qualification. Further details on progression routes available to you are given on page 9 of this document.
How will your business benefit?
By participating in the IMI Diploma in Leadership you will:
• Develop and apply a comprehensive toolkit of best-practice leadership techniques
• Formulate a comprehensive range of practical recommendations for developing best-practice leadership throughout your business
• Undertake a personal journey – developing a detailed understanding of your leadership style and development areas and enhancing your capabilities
• Analyse how your personal leadership style matches the needs and demands of your business
• Critically analyse and subsequently impact the leadership culture, processes, and needs of your business
In order to maintain consistency within the IMI’s Master of Business framework of programmes the structure of the IMI Diploma in Strategy & Innovation has a similar structure to the other IMI Diplomas accredited by UCC as part of the MoB suite:
• This is an eighteen-day taught programme.
• The programme is delivered on a monthly basis, in chunks of three days per month.
• Participant attendance will be required at all eighteen teaching days.
• The programme will begin at 9:00am each day and finish at 5:00pm.
• A typical month will consist of three days at the IMI organised in six separate half-day classes; one each morning and one each afternoon. Each class will last approximately three and a half hours in duration, including at least one 15 minute tea/coffee break.
The IMI Diploma in Leadership comprises six modules, each of which explores different aspects of leadership. The six modules that comprise the programme are:
MODULE 01 – The Meaning of Leadership
Major leadership models
Leader effectiveness and objective setting
Taking ownership for your Leadership Development
Contemporary organisational leadership
MODULE 02 – The Psychology of Leadership
Emotional intelligence and the link to leadership effectiveness
Psychometric analysis using the Emotional Capital Report
Motivation theories and the implications for leaders
The leader/follower relationship
MODULE 03 – Leadership Ethics and Social Responsibility
Leadership, social responsibility and creating an ethical organisational culture
Values based leadership
Key principles of ethical and moral leadership
A framework for ethical decision‐making
Ethics, governance and culture
MODULE 04 – Leading Teams in a Global Economy
The leader’s role in the team‐based organisation
Leader actions that foster teamwork
Leading global virtual teams
Cultural factors influencing leadership practice
MODULE 05 – Leading Change
Major theories of organisational change
Frameworks for implementing change
Leadership, power and influence during organisational change
Leadership communication and organisational change
MODULE 06 – Leadership in Action
Leadership in action
High performing teams
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 360611
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie