- What is Negotiation? To begin, participants will explore the different types of negotiation (including positional bargaining) and the phases of negotiation.
- The Successful Negotiator: Next, participants will explore key attributes of a successful negotiator.
- Preparing for Negotiation: During this session, participants will learn the elements of preparing for negotiation: identifying your fears and hot buttons; doing research into your issues and the opponent’s issues; and preparing your WAP, BATNA, WATNA, and ZOPA.
- The Nuts and Bolts: This session will give participants some tips on preparing their documentation and choosing a place for the negotiation.
- Making the Right Impression: Next, participants will learn the importance of self-presentation during the negotiation, including small talk, attire, first impressions, and their handshake.
- Getting Off to a Good Start: During this session, participants will explore how to establish common ground and how to use ground rules.
- Exchanging Information: This session will look at how to exchange information and what to do if the negotiation gets off to a bad start.
- The Bargaining Stage: Participants will learn six techniques for negotiating success.
- Reaching Mutual Gain: Next, participants will learn about four obstacles to mutual gain and how to turn them into negotiation advantages.
- Moving Beyond No: This session will look at ways to get past “no” and how to break an impasse, so that you can get to “yes.”
- Dealing with Negative Emotions: During this session, participants will explore some ways to deal with negative behaviours during a negotiation.
- Moving from Bargaining to Closing: Next, participants will learn how to tell when it’s time to move from the bargaining phase to the closing phase.
- Solution Types: This session will discuss ways to build win-win solutions, achieve a sustainable agreement, and reach consensus.
The two-day workshop covers the following:
• How often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
• The importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
• The various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
• Strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
• Skills in developing alternatives and recognising options
• Basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
Who Should Attend:
This course is suitable for anybody, in any career discipline to help the participants familiarise themselves with these topics so they can be prepared to handle them when negotiating in the workplace.
Please book online.
Duration: This is a 2-day course, 27th & 29th April – 9.30 am to 4.30 pm on each day (lunch break and coffee breaks will be allocated).
Delivered online via MS Teams
Price: €80 for Member / €95 for non-Member
For more information please contact Claire at 086 0679838 or email@example.com
The link to join this online training will be sent to all registrants 24 hours before scheduled time.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie