Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their own performance. This coaching module focuses on the techniques by which participants develop and improve the performance of their team. On completion of this programme participants will have the practical knowledge to confidently and effectively implement a number of different coaching models. Coaching is about looking forward to the future rather than focusing on the past. It allows an exploration of thoughts, feelings, beliefs, perceptions and life choices to help develop a clear and positive vision. Growing self- awareness brings deeper understanding and insight, and allows for confidence in dealing with change and transition. IBT’s approach is goal focused, seeking to develop clarity and agreed action plans. An individual’s performance is defined as potential minus interference. Coaching helps to overcome interferences which prevent people from achieving their full potential, and supports individuals to move forward in a purposeful and structured manner.
Who is this course for?
Individuals with responsibility for coaching in the workplace who wish to:
- Realise the benefits of coaching and implement the learning
- Develop a coaching culture within the organisation
- Improve learning and development on-the-job
- Supporting real and lasting personal development linked to enhanced job performance
- Thinking of people in terms of potential not performance
- Coaching When, Where, What For – Motivation, Delegation, Teambuilding,
- Staff Development Problem Solving
- GROW Model – Goal, Reality, Options, Will – what is required to plan the Coaching journey
- Having better conversations to empower people to achieve their goals
- Improve your skills as an effective Coach: communication, delivering feedback, providing instruction
- Develop, implement and constantly evaluate coaching plans
- Deal effectively with barriers to coaching
How will you learn?
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Teaching by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and individual learning activities
- Group discussion
- Opportunity to practice relevant coaching and mentoring scenarios and receive detailed feedback
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 475 854
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie