This one day course will provide the basis on which participants can cultivate great Leadership Skills.
There are three elements of leadership that the training will focus on, these are:
Personal Leadership, Team Leadership and Task Leadership.
Personal Leadership – Identifying with strengths and weaknesses and developing a strong sense of self-awareness by reviewing the following areas:
• Be True to Your Strengths – A self review of personal attributes and their current effectiveness and personal actions to develop.
• Solicit Feedback – Understanding working relationships and reviewing which interactions are working and those that are not.
• Ask Good Questions and Listen to the Responses – Challenging the participants to take positive measures to become truly self-aware.
Commit to Lifelong Learning – Identifying valuable methods of learning and development.
Team Leadership – Learning to motivate and inspire teams in the face of challenges by reviewing the following areas:
• Be Positive – Developing a fundamental belief that you can change and improve things.
• Develop a Vision – Using a clear process for developing goals and aims that are directly related to the vision of the organisation and making them live for the team.
• Lead by Example – Realising that they must set an example to the team and effectively demonstrate they have a strong work ethic.
• Be Inclusive – Taking a questionnaire to establish their current approach to inclusiveness. Developing a sensible approach to transformational leadership and valuing the input of the team.
• Manage Negativity – Exploring the impact of negativity and establishing methods of overcoming it.
Task Leadership – Ensuring the job gets done and you are instrumental in improvements that secure the future of your work area and the organisation as a whole.
Reviewing the following areas:
• Delegation – Distributing relevant work tasks in such a way that it is seen as motivational and effective. Following a clear and simple process.
• Continuous Improvement – Identifying new opportunities. Regularly reviewing business processes and methods in the drive for improvement.
• Problem Solving – Coping with problems as they arise and using a simple method to explore innovative ideas and come to a reasoned solution.
Aims & Objectives:
At the end of this leadership skills training course, participants will be able to:
o Clearly define the core requirements of Personal, Team and Task Leadership
o Increase their self-awareness and develop a positive approach to leadership
o Utilise clear methods of getting the best out of their team and those around them
o Implement working practices that will assist them in becoming a great leader
Who is this course suitable for?
This programme is aimed at Managers, Supervisors, Team Leads and/or individuals who are progressing through an organisation.
PROGRAM FEE: Members €55 / Non-Members: €65
This is a 1-day course, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm (lunch break and coffee breaks will be allocated).
Please book online
For more information email email@example.com or call 086 0679838
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie