Yellow Belt Introduction
Problem solving is one of the key factors to successful Lean implementation; sustaining a Lean transformation requires continuous problem solving by everyone in the organisation. In the context of continuous improvement, it is a never-ending process. The six sigma yellow belt course includes a suite of problem solving tools which can be employed to increase profitability, lower costs and improve customer satisfaction.
Who should attend?
Yellow Belt training is essential for the front line support team such as supervisors, team leaders and support personnel to ensure that problems are resolved at the appropriate level in the organisation. The long term goal would be to train all levels of the organisation to this level to allow the organisation to make Lean Transformations a reality.
The yellow belt course covers the underlying concepts behind Lean Thinking with particular emphasis on problem solving, root cause analysis and the application of the DMAIC cycle: Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control to implement solutions. Yellow Belt training includes details on the most commonly used problem solving tools such as 5 whys, Ishikawa’s seven problem solving tools, and the A3 process.
What will you learn?
Participants will be provided with the knowledge and capability to:
- Identify and make problems visiable
- Use structured problem solving methodologies, i.e. Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) and Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control (DMAIC)
- Use tools to define the problem: SIPOC, Process Mapping, Run Charts
- Use of analysis tools: Histograms, Pareto Analysis, Scatter Charts
- Use tools to root cause problems: 5 Whys, Cause & Effect Diagrams
- Use Sustaining Tools, Control Charts and Visual Control
- Select and use the appropriate tools to solve problems and sustain improvements
- Successfully apply the A3 process.
Please book online
For more information contact Cillian Griffey email email@example.com or call 061 360611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie