The purpose of this training session in Mental Health Awareness is to equip participants, Managers or Employees to increase their own understanding of mental health and their awareness of mental ill-health and stress particular to their colleagues or team members and to enhance their skills in working with those who are experiencing mental health problems.
- Awareness of the symptoms and characteristics of common mental health problems.
- The experience of mental illness.
- Particular mental health issues and common mental health problems in the workplace.
- Engaging with the person experiencing Mental Health problems.
- The Mental Health system in Ireland.
- Making a referral under the Mental Health Act 2001.
- Engaging with the Mental Health services.
- At the end of the training session participants should:
- Have an awareness of how to recognise instances of mental health difficulties and stress among team members or colleagues.
- Have strategies to be able to respond sensitively to the co-‐worker or team member and cope in situations where they have recognised stress and/or a mental health issue.
- Have an understanding of how to support team members or colleagues who may be experiencing difficulties related to stress and/or mental health and employees returning to work after a mental-‐health-‐related absence.
- Have an understanding of the mental health system – specifically with respect to being able to make appropriate referrals to professionals who can help.
- Have been given the tools in order to have meaningful and appropriate conversations around mental health issues at work.
Who is this course suitable for?
All organisations that wish to promote Positive Mental Health at work. The course is suitable for everyone and is especially beneficial to Human Resource personnel, Line Managers (all levels), Support Workers, Social Care Workers, Addiction Workers, Family Care Workers, Education and Medical Workers.
PROGRAM FEE: Members €80 / Non-Members: €90
This is a 1-day course, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm (lunch break and coffee breaks will be allocated).
Training is delivered online via Zoom
Date: 20th May 2021
Please book online
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 086 0679838
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie