This one-day programme will be delivered to build skills and competence for people managers and HR practitioners to carry out the Performance Management effectively.
The Performance Management Process:
– Understand the importance of your role as a manager of performance
– Performance Management – A process for improving organisational performance by developing the performance of individuals and teams. Continuous process.
– Performance Appraisal – Formal assessment and rating of individuals by their manager at an annual review meeting
– Understand the process of performance management and link to Organisational Strategy
– Understand the theory of motivation and differentiate between short term and long term motivation
– Understand what Influences Employee Engagement
Objective Setting & Employee Development
– Planning and preparing for appraisals
– Gaining commitment and agreement to SMART goals
– Linking performance management with learning and development
Giving feedback and managing difficult conversations
– Giving positive and constructive feedback
– Performance improvement planning and coaching for improved performance
Aims & Objectives:
- Participants will better understand the performance management process, the link to Organisational objectives, the role of the manager in the process and what makes for effective performance management
- Participants will be better prepared for carrying out performance appraisals through a focus on planning, objective setting, focusing not just on the ‘what’ (objectives) but the ‘how’ (behaviours), providing feedback, managing difficult conversations and managing for improved performance
Who is this course suitable for?
Business Owners, HR, and those tasked with People Management within the Organisation.
PROGRAM FEE: Members €100 / Non-Members: €120
This is a 1-day course, 9.30 am to 4.00 pm (lunch break and coffee breaks will be allocated).
This course will be delivered online via Zoom.
Please book online
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 086 0679838
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie