A good performance management process enables leaders, teams and employees to carry out their work more effectively, thereby enhancing the performance and business results. It is also a vital process in helping employees to feel valued and motivated. It is increasingly accepted that effective performance management is not just about an annual review – it is a continuous process. Neither is it ‘a one size fits all’ process – every performance management system needs to be aligned with organisational objectives and be adapted to meet the needs of your people.
Who is this session for?
This facilitation is aimed at Managers with responsibility for the performance management process who wish to:
- Leverage appraisals as a powerful management tool for line managers
- Understand the key stages in managing performance
- Implement performance management as a continuous process
- Learn about best practice in the area of performance management
- Understand the role of the manager/supervisor/team leader in the success of managing performance
- Establish clear performance goals/ objectives/indicators
- Be able to write effective objectives
- Understand the purpose and scope of feedback and that feedback should be directed towards behaviour that can be addressed, be descriptive rather than evaluative, specific rather than general, balanced and address underperformance
- 7 ground rules of giving feedback
- Deliver positive as well as difficult feedback
- Recognise the benefits of a feedback system within your sphere of influence
- Use positive communication and understand the importance of using positive language
- Have a difficult conversation and understand the reasons for conflict
- Create action plans to deal with specific performance challenges
How will you learn?
This course involves an interactive workshop format and will consist of a mix of:
- Facilitation by an expert trainer using a variety of quality learning materials
- Group and individual learning activities
- Group discussion
For more information email Cillian at email@example.com or call 061 360 611
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie