This course is being delivered under the Skills Connect Initiative. It is one of a series of programmes which Shannon Chamber Skillnet will deliver to assist:
- Individuals who are currently in receipt of PUP or TWSS payments
- Individuals currently unemployed or who became unemployed as a result of COVID-19
- Individuals who are not in employment and not in receipt of welfare payments.
If you fall under one of the parameters above you are eligible to apply for this course free of charge.
Please note when completing the online application form please enter ‘Unemployed’ under the Company Field.
Course Overview & Content:
The aim of this programme is to equip learners with the tools and techniques necessary to effectively manage a team. Participants will acquire a range of supervisory and management skills, in addition to improving their interpersonal and communication skills. The programme combines proven leadership techniques with practical advice on how to maximise your team’s performance and engagement. Learners will leave the programme with an accredited qualification and up to date knowledge and skills in the areas of:
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Supervisor / Team Leader
- Effective Communication
- Emotional Intelligence and Influencing Others
- Building and Engaging Effective Teams
- Leadership Styles
- Performance Management
- Assertiveness and Managing Conflict
- Leading and Managing Change
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Planning and Organising
- Time Management and Personal Effectiveness
- Role of Delegation in Supervisory Management
- Review of Employment Legislation.
- Recruitment and Selection
- Data Protection
Who is this course suitable for?
The programme is suitable for the following people:
- Existing Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in Supervisory Management.
- Newly appointed Team Leaders and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage operations, people and teams.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people through teamwork.
- Employees who plan on progressing to a supervisory role.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the area of Supervisory Management.
To achieve certification, each candidate will be required to undertake an assessment process that involves a skills demonstration (where candidates will be required to keep a log/record of supervisory management activities undertaken) and a portfolio/collection of work. Both parts of the assessment will be subject to external verification by QQI.
PROGRAM FEE: Free for eligible individuals under Skills Connect
This is a 4-day course, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (lunch break and coffee breaks will be allocated).
Delivered via Zoom.
- Wed 27th Oct
- Tue 2nd Nov
- Wed 3rd Nov
- Tue 16th Nov
Please book online
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 086 0679838
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie