“Enhance your sales skills & perfect the steps of the sales cycle to increase sales”
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive one day workshop, the course is designed for business owners or staff responsible for generating leads and managing sales within the business.
The aim of this workshop is to help business owners and sales staff achieve a greater understanding of what motivates people to buy and become more effective in their ability to influence and communicate with customers in order to grow sales. The participants will learn to develop the skills and techniques to gain a greater awareness of customer’s expectations, to confidently overcome and deal with objections, generate leads and ultimately increase sales whilst building valuable customer relations.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Develop sales strategies to generate leads, build the pipeline and increase sales
- Work out numbers, forecast accurately, achieve targets to manage the sales pipeline
- Apply adaptable skills to generate sales leads in a confident and competent manner
- Overcome reluctance, build confidence, know how to approach customers
- Have the right attitude, create a professional image & build trust with customers
- Build rapport with interesting greetings and get their attention
- Learn to really listen to customers and pre-empt customers’ needs and expectations
- Ask the right questions to qualify sales and get customer feedback
- Talk to customers in their own language and make the connection
- Guide the customer effectively through each stage of the sales presentation
- Build a case, present the benefits and handle objections effectively
- Show discretion and tactfulness, when helping customers make the right decision
- Create new opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell additional sales
- Learn to recognise buying signals and know when and how to ask for the order
- Follow up on leads and generate more sales by keeping in touch with customers
- Design sales strategies to develop the pipeline, qualify leads and generate sales.
- The numbers game – forecast accurately, set realistic conversion rates & achieve targets
- Overcome reluctance and deal with rejection through preparation and planning
- The importance of a positive attitude to create great first impressions
- Embrace the power of body language for effective customer communication
- Portray a powerful presence, build rapport & get the customer on side
- Influence customers with your tone of voice – it’s not what we say, it’s how we say it
- Listen actively to build rapport and get the customer talking
- Guide the customer through the 4 steps of the sales presentation
- Ask the right questions to identify opportunities & discover the customer’s needs
- Match the customer’s needs with your product or service offering
- Talk the customer’s language, present relevant benefits and make a connection
- Pre-empt customer issues, deal with objections and qualify the price
- When and how to up-sell and cross-sell effectively
- Avoid overselling, recognise verbal buying signals and ask for the appointment/ order
- Follow up strategies to get feedback, build valuable relations & get repeat business
The training takes the form of a one-day online workshop, with group discussions, exercises, case studies and feedback based on individual/group needs. Each learner receives a workshop manual. We will begin at 10am and work until 1pm. Then we will work from 2pm to 5pm in the afternoon. We will take two 10 minute breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Please book online
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 475 854
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Registrants who cancel within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie