Reports reflect as much about the preparation as they do about the subject matter. There is a systematic approach to report writing which does not come naturally – even good writers sometimes have difficulty delivering a good report. During this programme participants will learn and practice the techniques of fundamental writing..
Following this programme participants will
- Acquire the necessary skills to communicate through the written word
- Identify their own personal style
- Build confidence in their technical report writing skills
- Structure the report to meet the terms of reference
- Write in a manner that convey results clearly and concisely
- Avoid common mistakes – jargon, grammatical etc
- Use tone and vocabulary to vary their writing
- Understanding the purpose and objectives of the report
- The common fallacies about reports
- Meeting the needs of your audience – tailoring both content and style
- The 5 Cs of communication – clear, complete, concise, correct, courteous
- Writing with clarity in a concise fashion
- A systematic approach to the ‘formal’ report
- Writing the report – material content, accuracy, brevity, clarity.
- Ensuring the structure follows logic
- Eliminating jargon as much as possible always keeping the reader in mind
- Tone and vocabulary – recognising your own personal style
- Structure – first draft, layout, review
- Presenting complex material in an easily understood way
- Technical reports – the purpose of the work done, methods used, results obtained, conclusions drawn, recommendations made, Checklist revised
- Understanding the principles of good scientific writing and technical instructions
- Describing products and processes clearly
- Looking at cause and effect
- Effective presentation and final proof
Duration: One day
How will you learn?
This course involves a highly interactive workshop format using a variety of quality materials relevant to the requirements of the Participants and the organisation
For more information contact Cillian Griffey email email@example.com or call 061 360611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie