Today’s workforce is experiencing job burnout and stress in epidemic proportions. Workers at all levels feel stressed out, insecure, and misunderstood. Many people feel the demands of the workplace, combined with the demands of home, have become too much to handle. This course explores the causes of such stress and suggests general and specific stress management strategies that people can use every day.
Good time management lies at the heart not only of personal effectiveness but also of organisational success. We all need to make the best use of our own time and talent and those of the people around us if team, the organisation and we are to achieve our objectives and business goals. Today we have more and more demands placed upon us at work – tighter deadlines, more work, juggling priorities – you name it! This intensive and comprehensive training course provides you with the opportunity to explore the fundamental principles of time management, take stock of your current working practices and determine action to enhance personal, team and organisational effectiveness.
The course will teach you to:
• Understand what stress and pressure are and their effects both inside and outside the workplace
• Recognise the symptoms of excessive stress in yourself and in others
• Have the awareness, knowledge and strategies to deal with stress more effectively.
• Change the situations and actions that can be changed
• Deal better with situations and actions that can’t be changed
• Create an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress
• Identified your biggest ‘time stealers’ which reduce your productivity and established solutions to reduce or remove their negative impact
• Acquired practical time management skills for scheduling, planning and prioritising work
• Learned how to manage your: telephone calls, emails, paperwork, technology, diary
• Discussed and practiced a range of recognised time management techniques such as effective delegation, assertively saying ‘no’ and negotiating alternative solutions
• Defining Stress and how it affects us and how it differs from pressure
• Identifying the main physical, psychological and behavioural symptoms of stress in self and others
• Recognising thinking errors and performance-interfering thoughts and develop skills to help individuals modify these beliefs
• Accepting responsibility for your own work and life results
• Time Management Tips
• Work-life Balance defined: what it means, what it doesn’t mean
• Developing a range of strategies and techniques to tackle stress
• Achievement and Enjoyment as the basis for life-time goals
• Workshop Wrap-Up & Action Planning
• Motivational drivers
• Ways of working
• Time bandits
Prioritising and Goal Setting
• Setting goals
• Deciding what’s important
• Doing what’s important
• Measures of quality and quantity
• Finding time for long-term planning
• Managing tasks and people
• The Prioritisation Grid
• Deadlines and how to meet them
• Planners, diaries, tools and getting more from your diary
The session concludes with the formulation of an action plan
Who Should Attend:
This course is suitable for staff who:
• need to juggle a wide variety of tasks and activities
• find managing their time difficult
• want to organise their days better and to feel in control of their work instead of their work controlling them
Please book online.
Duration: This is a 1-day course – lunch break and coffee breaks will be allocated.
Price: €40 for Member / €50 for non-Member
For more information please contact Claire at 086 0679838 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The link to join this online training will be sent to all registrants 24 hours before scheduled time.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie